Hello Guest May 16, 2024, 13:00:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: VS: One of the worst virtual titanic models I've ever seen!  (Read 24949 times)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member

vs titanic model: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nqCvtP4A3-I&feature=related

My first reaction (to thumbnail alone!): "Oh, my, what is that horrible piece of c***?"

errors include (from first 20 seconds alone!)(to just put it at the level of ss08!):

Central propeller only has 3 blades, rather than 4
Center propeller is same size as wings, rather than smaller
Central propropeller turns in the same direction as port, rather than starboard propeller
Severely under detailed in terms of graphics
Boat deck details (railings, stairs, ect) are missing
Misplaced staircase to docking bridge
No protrusion for navigation instruments on docking bridge

I don't know what that ship was, but that wasn't the Titanic! Not at all!

the only thing this hunk o' junk has on ss is the presence of "Titanic Liverpool"on the stern.

I went with the first 20 seconds for errors because it gets hard to stomach it after 30 seconds, it's so bad!

TJK

Re: VS: One of the worst virtual titanic models I've ever seen!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 03:04:05 »

Ship sim 08 titanic are bether i think :)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 03:06:28 »

Ship sim 08 titanic are bether i think :)
&%^&$, yeah!

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:56:59 »

I don't even play with titanic, but it does look bad...

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 08:36:07 »

I tried out the VS demo (just to see what other simulators are like) and i thought, what a waste of 3 minutes of my life (waiting for it to download) it is absolutely useless! the ships don't respond no way near as good as they should, no detail, its like something from the 90's to put it against another simulator its like flight sim 98 but worse.

and the Titanic is another story, its a disaster on VS!

i'm also into Titanic and the errors i managed to pick out were huge!

i turned the video off when i was a few seconds into it as it was so bad.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 08:37:27 »

and its bow is litrally a triangle!
Kind Regards,
Jack.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 08:40:25 »

look at the railings!!! they look like a fence hahahahaha!! its soo bad i makes me laugh.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 08:41:18 »

look at the railings!!! they look like a fence hahahahaha!! its soo bad i makes me laugh.

A nice white picket fence on the titanic, cool.

q

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 08:51:04 »

m8 u look to hard
just play the game and hve fun, there is no need for it to be perfect, it is a simulater not a model
cheers q

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 08:54:50 »

simulators are suppose to simulate, so I hope they resemble a real vessel. So actually I want to play and look.

q

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 08:57:00 »

isnt the idea to sharpen ur boating skiils????

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 09:15:21 »

isnt the idea to sharpen ur boating skiils????

A simulator is for graphics and handling, VS dosn't give either.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

q

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 09:41:13 »

wat is vs

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 09:42:49 »

q

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 10:10:41 »

hahahahah

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 10:11:05 »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 15:03:17 »

I tried out the VS demo (just to see what other simulators are like) and i thought, what a waste of 3 minutes of my life (waiting for it to download) it is absolutely useless! the ships don't respond no way near as good as they should, no detail, its like something from the 90's to put it against another simulator its like flight sim 98 but worse.

and the Titanic is another story, its a disaster on VS!

i'm also into Titanic and the errors i managed to pick out were huge!

i turned the video off when i was a few seconds into it as it was so bad.
I started to get sick after 30 seconds, so I turned it off, it was so disturbingly horrible! I agree with you on everything you said so far! Did they even do ANY research on the ship?!

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 15:18:44 »

Well you know...

VS hasnt made this ship. this most be made by something other people.
but im agreed. its horrible ;D

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 16:25:00 »

As far as I know someone will make a new Titanic model in "Ketshup and Sennepo" (it's not me if you believe that :D). And I guess it will be as much crappy (to use that word) as the previous models :P

It takes probably a hardly skilled 3ds Max user and a mountain of reference to make a accurate model and nobody will do that for Virtual Sailor since it's a culture where quantity of add-ons is preferred over the quality of the add-ons.

Now I bet someone will copy and past this topic and post a screenshot of it at the VS forum and blame me (like they usually do). I'm getting used to it ;)

NathanC

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 22:48:19 »

guys, guys, this guy spent time to make this model for your enjoyment, and all your doing is laughing at his work. How would you like it if you spent time on a model for a game, realeased it and then had a group of people laughing at your work....

Ok, so it might not be very good in your opinion, but if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

Since this is the only model of the titanic made in Virtual Sailor, we who play it should be thankful we have one at all. There is always room for inmprovement, but you people don't seem to care that people work hard for your enjoyment.....it's the same with the SS2008 Titanic.....ages were spent researching and creating the Titanic for the game, and what happens next?? A list on the forum is pushed under VSTEPs noses telling them all they have done wrong, and demanding it gets fixed in the future......

You should be grateful that you have it at all......

Speech closed

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 00:48:20 »

guys, guys, this guy spent time to make this model for your enjoyment, and all your doing is laughing at his work. How would you like it if you spent time on a model for a game, realeased it and then had a group of people laughing at your work....
I wouldn't even attempt a virtual model of the ship if I couldn't do it well!

And I AM greatful that VSTEP did all that research. I'm just taking a load off their back by doing a bit more, and telling where/how the model can be improved.

Ship Sim

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 04:13:44 »

Hello everyone. I have to say. Its not right for you to have a topic talking down about work that someone did. Let me tell it to you this way. How would you like it if I or anyone else on this ball of dirt we live on took something you worked on and said it was a pice of junk and complained about it. You wouldnt like it. You have to understand. Not everyone has a fancy program to make something like Vstep and I know virtual sailor isnt the greatest game but. You dont have to play Vs or drive the titanic that Is a free 3rd party addon If you just look around there are better addons for Vs.

Edited for language, DJM.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:30:41 by [RWP]DJM »

travel96

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 12:24:13 »

and any way i have vs and  is bad >:( you can't do half of the things you can do in ship simulator 2008 ;D

Edited for language, DJM.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:32:09 by [RWP]DJM »
the game is the best so is the forum just registar.I can do lots of things,just registar

James89uk

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 12:35:44 »

A heated debate!

I've been using VS for some years now, and for a while it was one of only a few sailing simulators.  The Titanic model which you speak of has been around for several years, and has not been updated since.  VS is developed by just one person whereas Ship Simulator is being run by many developers at VSTEP.  I admit that Ship Simulator is more realistic, but bear in mind that VSTEP is a fairly large company with much money money to spend on it, than one person developing VS.

Please try to show some respect to the original developer of the Titanic model (even though he/she may not be reading this), and indeed to the VS community - VS has been around for a lot longer than SS, and has had comparatively little money spent on it.  Both products are aimed to slightly different parts of the market and you have to accept that.  Yes - SS is more realistic with improved graphics, but one cannot knock VS for having a simulator which has been successful, and around since 1999.  For many years, VS was the only good enough simulator to recreate being out at sea in real life!

James

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 12:46:43 »

As far as I know someone will make a new Titanic model in "Ketshup and Sennepo" (it's not me if you believe that :D). And I guess it will be as much crappy (to use that word) as the previous models :P

It takes probably a hardly skilled 3ds Max user and a mountain of reference to make a accurate model and nobody will do that for Virtual Sailor since it's a culture where quantity of add-ons is preferred over the quality of the add-ons.

Now I bet someone will copy and past this topic and post a screenshot of it at the VS forum and blame me (like they usually do). I'm getting used to it ;)

Can't really dont see what is so bad with Sketchup... Her is a Titanic model a guy doing in sketchup, it's not ready, no lifeboat u see, and he gona make more detail, also the intrior!

Titanic!

Steern!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines