Hello Guest May 08, 2024, 07:24:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Pavilion dm3-1060ea Entertainment Notebook PC Running Ship Simulator Extreme  (Read 2356 times)

Captainsam2

• Forum member

Hi, I am thinking about getting a new laptop and I have found one that I think looks good.
It has:
Screen Size
13.3” High-Definition HP LED (1366 x 768)
Processor
2.2 Ghz Intel Celeron SU2300
Memory
4GB DDR3 Supports up to 8 GB
Hard Drive
320GB (7200 rpm)
Optical Drive
Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium
Graphics
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
 Intel 802.11 a/g/n
Bluetooth
Altec Lansing speakers
HP Webcam with Integrated digital Microphone VGA low-light

I was wondering if anyone knows if it will run Ship Simulator Extremes
Thanks in Advance  :)

Traddles

• Global Moderator

Hi Captainsam2,
I regret to say that there ic very little chance of you being able to play SSE with that machine. The Celeron processor is very poor and not suitable for gaming and the Graphics system is integrated which is very certainly not capable of running SSE. :thumbdown:
I am sorry to bring bad news.

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Captainsam2

• Forum member

Okay, thanks anyway :)
I've found a alternative:
17.3" HD+ LED HP BrightView
1.8 GHz AMD Phenom II P820
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
500GB 7200 rpm SATA
LightScribe Blu-ray ROM
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD RS880M
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Beats Sound System
802.11 b/g/n
Webcam
Bluetooth
Integrated finger print reader

Will this be able to run SSE :)

Snakebyte92

• Forum member

No.

Processor is not good enough. And i'm thinking the graphic card is a bit low.
You can better get a new intel sandy bridge. Much better than AMD, and really more suitable for SSE.
The minimum what you need is an I5.

Snaky
Cadet Holland America Line

Captainsam2

• Forum member

Ohhh okay :/ can you list any good laptops that would run SSE please :)

Ralphy

• Forum member

The minimum what you need is an I5.

That's not strictly true, Although the i3 is only a dual core it has proven to be more powerful than AMD's X4 Quad cores.

Sam, what is your budget?

Snakebyte92

• Forum member

That's not strictly true, Although the i3 is only a dual core it has proven to be more powerful than AMD's X4 Quad cores.

Sam, what is your budget?
I'm sorry but you can't compare AMD to Intel. That's comparing an appel and a pear to each other.
Just based on the demands of SSE it would at least choose for an i5 mobile. You can guess on an i3. But I don't think that's so smart to do. And an i5 mobile is dual core aswell.

Captain do you have a shop where you would buy one?
And what's indeed your budget. Because than I know where to search for

Snaky

Simos31

• Forum member

It's been sometime since I last looked in detail at laptop and computer part benchmarks so I can't really tell you a definite 'yes or no' for the machines you questioned.

For me the most important point in the game is to have lush physics. And I can "play" the game on both my laptops, an old "Core 2 Duo Sony Vaio" and an even older Toshiba one. Although I often get graphic bugs like dancing Esperanzas or blinking ship lights with that old graphics hardware.

If you like to enjoy the excellent graphics and the full detail of shadows, reflections and multiple camera views I guess you'd rather get a laptop with more than 3GB ram, i5 or better processor and a latest nvidia graphics card. Me, I wouldn't buy such a lap-monster basically because it gets overheated and the ventilation fans start to scream, disrupting the seagull voice and the Dover breeze. I would rather play SSE on a desktop on a HUGE monitor if I wanted to get the real feeling. I guess future games will be played on huge monitor arrays, oleds are cheap like toilet paper.
Still, desktops are rapidly moving out of fashion, So, I would compromise with a 3GB ram, i5 processor and latest nvidia graphics card laptop. But do not consider anything smaller than a 15" monitor unless you are a dedicated masochist.
Be sure your new laptop has a strong HDMI port for connecting to BIG monitors.

Take a look at the link below. I think those machines won't have a hard time running SSE (forget the apple).

http://www.e-shop.gr/search_per.phtml?category=%D6%CF%D1%C7%D4%CF%C9+%D5%D0%CF%CB%CF%C3%C9%D3%D4%C5%D3&filter-506=1&filter-146=1&filter-145=1&filter-507=1

Ralphy

• Forum member

I'm sorry but you can't compare AMD to Intel. That's comparing an appel and a pear to each other.

Not trying to Start the old AMD V Intel war again but yes, you can compare the two. Just like how you can compare an apple to a pear as you can see the pear does indeed have higher spec than the apple when it comes to fibre, carbs and other things. The Apple is let down a bit by it's sugar clock at 13g. ::)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 18:31:14 by Ralphy »

Captainsam2

• Forum member

My Budget is about £500-£600

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member

If you want guaranteed smoothness, you'll have to save up more for an Alienware laptop.  :P

http://www.alienware.com/Landings/laptops.aspx
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Snakebyte92

• Forum member

If have searched threw some webshops. And I find out that 600 pounds is a bit low. If you want something which can handle SSE you probally need atleast 650 pounds. Because in your budget I haven't found one laptop which is able to play SSE. But maybe that's just my fault  :doh:

I found one for you for 650 pounds: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-np-rf511-s02uk-15-6-laptop-spiral-black-silver-10810427-pdt.html

The important thing is that you need an i5. And atleast a gt540m 1gb or HD6550m. But gt540m has my vote.
I'm going to continue the search.  ;D

Snaky
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines