Hello Guest May 08, 2024, 13:26:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: good idea  (Read 1883 times)

Rbsanford

• Forum member
good idea
« on: February 27, 2011, 04:32:24 »

u know what port i want to see on sse? Duluth. it's beutiful
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
Re: good idea
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 04:33:03 »

Ok.
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 18:48:49 »

Rbsanford
Can you post more info, pics and videos?
Without those people see no interest in your topic

Kind Regards
Oceandream

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 23:47:57 »

i dont know how. its an inland port city in Minnesota on the tip of lake superior and has tons of huge ships every day getting taconite to make steel and iron.
Today's weather:

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 00:17:53 »

here ill help you out with one picture
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 22:19:58 »

here ill help you out with one picture

thats right. i don't know how to apply pics.  :( :( :(
Today's weather:

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 22:58:02 »

Click on the most left down option above the smiley's. It's called Insert Image.  ;)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 01:05:46 »

does this work? its saying
Today's weather:

Rbsanford

• Forum member
Today's weather:

Tinchu

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 14:32:24 »

Every idea or suggestion is very well received. Do you Like Dulluth? That's OK. But in my opinion we should urge VStep to reproduce a balanced selection of ports around the world. Ports really representative of every world continent. I've said more times. It's inexcusable the lack of south american ports; asiatic ports. Shangai or Hong Kong, Rio de Janeiro, Yokohama, Norfolk of Galveston, Mar del Plata. The Baltic sea would be a great scenery to develop missions with our new ferry pack.

We are perhaps too much enthusiastic people and we don't know the problems. But VStep seems they don't produce the "quantum leap" or "qualitative leap" with this simulator. Some times I think we believe in Ship Simulator more than VStep does.

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 19:12:26 »

u know what port i want to see on sse? Duluth. it's beutiful

I'm going to assume you mean Duluth, Minnesota? I doubt I was the first, but I've been throwing out a Great Lakes idea since April. Without doing a search I think the next location is going to be Italy?

Perhaps VSTEP can answer the question of what is the scope of locations they are looking for? Is it all seaports? Here is the list of the current EXTREMES locals:

1 ANTARCTIC
2 ATLANTIC OCEAN
3 BORA BORA
4 DOVER
5 HAMBURG
6 MARSEILLE
7 NEW YORK
8 PADSTOW, CORNWALL
9 PORT OF ROTTERDAM
10 SAN FRANCISCO
11 THE SOLENT
12 SYDNEY

Half of these are in Europe. All are somewhat connected to opean seas. What is appealing about the great lakes is it would be something different. You can still do shipping and ferry senarios. However, the question is which would be better: open waters or the connecting canals (such as Superior to Michigan)? The canal option fits the pattern of most of the above locations and existing missions. Then, if a Great Lake is produced should VSTEP create a customized cargo ship to compliment it? (Like an iron-ore freighter, etc.)

I'm unsure right now about downloading a new location as I'm starting to experience problems with the game. My processor was good enough to run the game in the beginning, but after downloading the Sigita, Ferry Pack, and version 1.3.5 update I'm having problems free roaming the Antarctic. After 10min the clock slows to about 1/2 real time (sometimes slower). It doesn't have anything to do with the vessel or the weather either, as I've done clear, calm weather with the oil tanker and rowboat with same results. It's weird because it's not a graphic intense area. (Personally, I think the Troninites - those little blue guys inside the computer that make things work - are slacking off. Where's Jeff Bridges when you need him? Spray those grid bugs!)

I forgot what I was leading up to. Oh yeah, the scope. It's been my impression VSTEP has this scope of sea ports and greenpeace missions.

I do want to offer this suggestion, I was disappointed with San Franciso as it was deceiving about the size of the Bay yet too shallow to do much with it. All those docks in the Oakland portion are hard to get the big ships to. There's a picture on google earth that shows a Vermaas class ship going by there. Mine always runs aground. Again, the Troninites are sleeping and making me do all the work. I need a recognizer to help me recognize the shallow areas. BTW, there's no treasure on Treasure Island. It's a trap!

So, the next port should be a little more versatile.
If you name is not Rosie then stop counting rivets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines