Hello Guest May 12, 2024, 13:37:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instructions or manual  (Read 2158 times)

captaintom

• Forum member
Instructions or manual
« on: January 09, 2008, 14:51:08 »

Are there any online instructions or user manual that explains how this game works. I have tried several ship configurations and the controls are a mystery. Also the views seem to jump form 360 degrees, to above, and back to chart format almost without logic. I can't figure out the controls (specifically the harbor tug); they seem to need a controller other than a mouse.

Is there a source for techical advice? Can anyone provide some direction for me? Thanks,.

Capt Tom

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Instructions or manual
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 15:09:50 »

Hello Capt. Tom!

The available manuals can be found here:

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,4509.0.html

There is indeed a source for technical advice, the Technical Support board.  ;)
To access this area, you will need to register your licence key into your forum profile.  If you're not sure how to do this, please check the General FAQ's or PM a Moderator.

Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:38:06 by Mad_Fred »

xfacile

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 07:51:57 »

wrong link

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 08:37:50 »

Fixed

Rather old post with old url. Slipped down into the depths I reckon. But this links works again now.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Fred

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 16:40:18 »

Regretably SS suffers from a major problem that hopefully has been covered for SSE, namely that the manuals are very narrow in their content.  Like CaptainTom I had to find out by trial and error and more often by luck how to 'operate' various features.  The 'manuals' and/or a 'help' facility should be included in the main drop down menu when the game first starts up, I did not know that the manual had to be accessed by interrogating the 'C' drive until someone told me when I tried as a last resort the forum!!  There are at present no instructions on how to moor/unmoor the vessels, how to change the viewpoint (click on the right mouse button Captain Tom and move the mouse around), how to use the crane controls and one I am STILL trying to figure out - the walkthrough!!  No doubt there are others which I haven't even found yet, but it does detract from the game.  It is matters like this which will hit sales as customers won't part with their hard earned loot for SSE if they can't get the full enjoyment of the game.  As I said at the start, I hope these matters have been addressed for SSE.

Regards

Metman

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 17:54:29 »

Some manuals that you might find useful can be found here:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,2886.0.html

They include instructions for operating the container crane and ships with azimuth drives and VSPs.

Regards,
Marty

Yes, a very old topic started by someone who did not stay long. However, since it has been bumped up, it might be useful.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 18:05:57 by mvsmith »

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 18:05:31 »

Thanks for your comments Marty, greatly appreciated.  Regret to say that I didn't know that I didn't know that there was a 'Rev 7'!!!  Anyway hopefully all this has been covered for SSE and is more accessible via the initial drop-down main menu.

Regards

Metman

ps - How do you get the 'walkthrough' to work??????

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 18:45:05 »

Hi metman,

What “walkthrough” are you referring to?

I can’t say what the final situation will be regarding SSE manuals. We will have to wait and see.
The reason that I wrote the documents referenced above was to answer questions that others had after reading the VSTEP manuals, and also to avoid answering the same questions over and over.
Often a different approach to explaining things suits different people.

Regards,
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines