Hello Guest May 12, 2024, 20:14:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Movie] Ship Simulator 2008 Multiplayer  (Read 12116 times)

Captain Best

• Forum member
Re: [Movie] Ship Simulator 2008 Multiplayer
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 18:51:28 »

Very nice video. i love it ;D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 18:54:16 »

Thanks guys ;D

I should do more of these, especially if they are this popular :D

Terry's footage is easily recognisable.......he uses a higher resolution than I do, and you may also notice it if look for the little mouse cursor.  My mouse cursor option is disabled in Fraps ;)
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

SirXpression

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 19:39:58 »

LOL  :D

thought terry was supposed to be a computer genious  :P :D ::) (just kidding terry ;) )

Nice Vid...im criticle of my own stuff as well...anything for my business before it gets shipped out to a client gets edited....re-edited and re-re-edited before im happy with it....then once a client has the video i'll re-edit it another 3 or 4 times then if they come back to me and say (which they have) "I dont like this now" i can give them the re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-edit for nothing.
That Damn Scotsman

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 19:44:03 »

Thanks ;D

I can relate to that (personally, not professionally........yet ;))

I must rework my timeline at least 20-30 times, then do some more.....etc. etc.

Only then will I be "ok" with it ;D

Even after I've done all that, I think "hmm.....I don't like that bit" :D

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

shamano

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 00:20:30 »

Very nice movie, excellent work! It's only a pity that the conversion to YouTube causes a so huge degradation of movie quality...

Mauro

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 01:47:12 »

How do you get such high quality videos from tv and computer? I've been wondering for quite a while, now....

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 01:58:00 »

How do you get such high quality videos from tv and computer? I've been wondering for quite a while, now....
Use a screen recorder?

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 02:40:59 »

What would be one on a computer? or a tv one that can be translated onto a computer?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 02:47:36 »

What would be one on a computer? or a tv one that can be translated onto a computer?
fraps?

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 02:58:53 »

Hm... ok. I didn't know how. Thanks! ;)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 06:09:00 »

Greetings Carl,
Well,about the brightness of the video you are correct,however i think it's more a youtube thing,because if you play the video,before you putted it on youtube,i'm sure it must has been alot brighter.
For the rest,this video is great,it give a nice impression of what you can do with the sim,and what you can expect.
The music is also,great.
You know what you are doing,with making video's.
Marc
N

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 09:14:14 »

Very nice movie, excellent work! It's only a pity that the conversion to YouTube causes a so huge degradation of movie quality...

Mauro

Thanks ;D

The biggest problem with the quality of movies that you upload is, you convert them into a suitable size for uploading to YT first, then they get converted again (to Flash Video).  Each of these conversions causes a loss in quality.  The original DVD movie that I have here, is superb quality, but it's too big to upload, and it would also be converted to Flash Video ::)

If you want really high quality videos, most of it depends on the software you use.  A cheap (or free) software package won't always give you that quality because they sometimes use older codecs.  It's lke anything, "you get what you pay for" ;)

For anyone who's interested, I use the following packages:

Game Capture: Fraps - www.fraps.com
DJM/RWP Intro: Magix Movies on CD & DVD - http://www.magix.com/uk/movies-on-cd-dvd/
Main Movie: Serif MoviePlus 5 - http://www.serif.com/movieplus/movieplus5/index.asp

I also have all the extra's for MoviePlus, this makes the package so much more versatile for movie making ;)

Greetings Carl,
Well,about the brightness of the video you are correct,however i think it's more a youtube thing,because if you play the video,before you putted it on youtube,i'm sure it must has been alot brighter.
For the rest,this video is great,it give a nice impression of what you can do with the sim,and what you can expect.
The music is also,great.
You know what you are doing,with making video's.
Marc

Thanks Marc ;D

Despite how it may look. I knew absolutely nothing about digital movie editing when I first started, it all comes from practice and hard work.  If you'd seen some of my first efforts, you would be saying "he'll never do anything decent, they're rubbish" ;D

The interest I had in this kind of thing, really kept me 'plugging away' until I knew enough to put something relatively ok together :)

Regards.

DJM/Carl.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines