Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 15:38:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fishing in Shipsim Xtreme  (Read 8514 times)

Deathcare

• Forum member
Fishing in Shipsim Xtreme
« on: May 22, 2014, 23:51:39 »

Hi guys,

Wondered if we could see fishing added to the game? I love the idea of taking the ship/boat out to sea to drop my nets for a spot of fishing and then bring the fish back to the dock to sell. Maybe the longer you stay anchored up at your chosen spot the more fish you catch and various places produce better catches. Bring the fish back, sell it and use the cash for better equipment and boats as well as fuel and deckhands. This seems to be something that i havent seen on any other boat/ship sim.

joostmansjr

• Forum member
Re: Fishing in Shipsim Xtreme
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 21:39:17 »

would be nice but extreem is dead.
so it stops here

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 08:52:24 »

would be nice but extreem is dead.
so it stops here

Is ShipSim really dead and will the Shipsim-website be off-line in the near future?

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 09:42:34 »

Yeah guys! The word "dead" is not right for this case... The fact that there are some bugs in the game doesn't make it dead. Alomost a week ago a new update was released and I'm sure that those who made SSE keep trying to improve it... REMEMBER it's a game and you cannot do everything you do in real life... If you think you can make a new game from zero (as we say in Greece), then what are you waiting for? It's a very difficult job and it's not all automatism as many think  :P...I'm not reffering to a specific member but to all memebrs who share the idea that a game is alive if updates come out every day. NO! IT'S WRONG!
   There are some great ideas for the game such as fishing as Deathcare said but if it's impossible to be done do not complain...

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 15:53:17 »

Is ShipSim really dead and will the Shipsim-website be off-line in the near future?

No, don't worry. There are no plans to drop the website and technical support will still remain available. Although there are currently no big plans, I wouldn't say it is really dead. Silent would fit better.

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 08:48:46 »

No, don't worry. There are no plans to drop the website and technical support will still remain available. Although there are currently no big plans, I wouldn't say it is really dead. Silent would fit better.

In my humble opinion, Vstep should offer the tittle for sale so that perhaps another software house that is not bound by the shackles and chains (no pun int) of professional software contracts could take the game forward.  After all, if companies are able to sell us "Goat Simulator"  (yes you read it correctly) and make money, then there has to be room for a Ship simulator!
We're all buddies in boats

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 08:57:58 »

It's a little more complicated than that. You cannot simply sell your rights, tools, and therefore your trade for reasons not worth mentioning (I'll have to write a wall of text for that).
Goat Simulator speaks to a different audience and is in no means related to an actual simulator and therefore not comparable. It's a different market.

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 10:52:42 »

It's a little more complicated than that. You cannot simply sell your rights, tools, and therefore your trade for reasons not worth mentioning (I'll have to write a wall of text for that).
Goat Simulator speaks to a different audience and is in no means related to an actual simulator and therefore not comparable. It's a different market.

Oh, I didn't think you would dignify my post with a response.  I did say "in my Humble opinion"  :P and the goat sim reference was tongue-in-cheek, I take it that you have seen it, it does look like good fun.   

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 11:54:52 »

Oh, I didn't think you would dignify my post with a response.  I did say "in my Humble opinion"  :P and the goat sim reference was tongue-in-cheek, I take it that you have seen it, it does look like good fun.   
Thing is Goat Sim is a complete different catogory than ship sim. 
its non serious and a bit of fun to play with someone - its a laugh to say you have it. while on ship sim - not everyone is into ships and it is serious - its a bit harder to sell to other companies.
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

mdmpilot

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 08:32:54 »

Deathcare i do encourage you to look into Garrys Mod, theres tons of things to do, and a whole web filled with addons. Plus im creating some servers that in the near future we will have Shipyard roleplay like things(Roleplays are very fun, not just for little kids :) ). Hope you check it out!

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 12:14:53 »

Deathcare i do encourage you to look into Garrys Mod, theres tons of things to do, and a whole web filled with addons. Plus im creating some servers that in the near future we will have Shipyard roleplay like things(Roleplays are very fun, not just for little kids :) ). Hope you check it out!

I think your post might have been garbled:

Who is "deathcare" and "gary"?
where can we find gary's mod?

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 12:52:01 »

Deathcare is the topic starter.
"Garry's mod" can be purchased on Steam. It requires games like Half Life 2, Counter Strike and other source engine games for more content. It practically merges all those games together and adds a bunch of crazy content to mess around with. Plus it features a lot of downloadable content.

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 17:20:44 »

Deathcare is the topic starter.
"Garry's mod" can be purchased on Steam. It requires games like Half Life 2, Counter Strike and other source engine games for more content. It practically merges all those games together and adds a bunch of crazy content to mess around with. Plus it features a lot of downloadable content.

Oops, sorry for some reason I missed deathcaes Original post (facepalm).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines